Western Michigan University's Digital Marketing and eCommerce major is an interdisciplinary major that combines the study of marketing and information systems to prepare students for careers in fields such as electronic commerce, data analytics, digital marketing, social media and web application development services. You will study digital technologies, web applications, web design and digital marketing practices in order to solve contemporary business problems and meet challenges in the rapidly changing digital marketplace.
A full 100% of of digital marketing and ecommerce graduates are employed or in graduate school within three months of graduation.
Beyond the classroom
As a digital marketing and eCommerce student at WMU, you will be encouraged to get involved in business-related student organizations, including Alpha Kappa Psi, American Marketing Association, Business Technology Network, Delta Sigma Pi and WMU AdClub.
After you graduate
WMU graduates with degrees in digital marketing and electronic commerce find careers in fields such as:
- Digital advertising and search marketing
- Web development and conversion optimization
- Social media and content marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Email marketing and automation
- Marketing technology
- Video marketing
Where is this program offered?
Other programs of interest
- Advertising and Promotion
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Food and Consumer Package Goods Marketing
- Graphic Design
- Health Informatics and Information Management
- Multimedia Arts Technology—Music
- Strategic Communication: Public Relations
- Sales and Business Marketing
- Telecommunications and Information Management