The Federal Direct PLUS Loan allows a parent to borrow money for the educational expenses of a child who is a dependent undergraduate student enrolled at least half-time.
Federal Parent PLUS Loans may create a credit on a student account. This credit can be refunded to the student or the parent. The parent borrower makes the selection on the PLUS loan application.
If the parent borrower chooses to have any credit balance refunded to them, refunds to the parent have two options for receiving refunds from credit balance on PLUS loan.
- Parents may sign up for electronic refunds using the checking or savings account of the parent’s choice. Signing up for electronic refunds is simple, convenient and secure. Electronic refunds are processed two to five times per week based on the time of the semester.
- Parents who do not sign up for electronic refunds will have a check mailed to the address on the plus loan application. Please note, checks are only printed on a weekly basis and it could take two cycles to have your check generated.
Parent Plus ELECTRONIC REFUNDS
Federal Parent PLUS Loan borrowers may set up an electronic refund account using an existing bank account of their choice.
The process to set up electronic refunds:
- Log in to the Authorized User or Plus Refund Login site
- Complete Personal Profile
- Complete Payment Profile
- Complete Security Setting
NOTE: Make sure to check the box under Refund Options to authorize refunds to be deposited electronically.
Parents may also change the bank account that is linked to their WMU refund at any time on this site as well. There are no preselected refund options for WMU parent borrowers.