About the MLK G.O.L.D. Scholarship
- $32,000 over four years / $8,000 per year
- 3.0+ weighted cumulative GPA
- Admissible to WMU
- Meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Participation in a pre-college/bridge or migrant education program. Pre-college/bridge programs include, but are not limited to, the following TRiO Programs: Education Opportunity Center, GEAR UP, Talent Search, or Upward Bound. Letter of verification from director of the pre-college, migrant, or TRiO program is required.
- Eligible for participation in the Federal Free or Reduced Price lunch program.
- First-generation college student.
- Must be a first-year student enrolling in the fall immediately following high school graduation.
- Earn and maintain a minimum 2.50 grade point average and satisfactory academic progress, measured after each academic year.
- Maintain continuous full-time enrollment at WMU (minimum 12 credit hours per fall and spring semesters). Repeated courses not included.
- Successfully complete 24 credit hours per academic year (not to include summer sessions or repeated courses).
- Participate in the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Scholars Academy.
- Completed admission application and supplemental materials due by February 15. Supplemental materials to be submitted through the Gold Gateway account.
- Students who qualify for more than one admission scholarship will be awarded the scholarship of the highest value.