For Michigan & Non-Michigan Residents
Value: $32,000 ($8,000 per year, renewable up to a total of four years)
Eligible applicants must:
- Be admitted to Western Michigan University as a first-year, beginner student for fall 2019.
- Have a 3.0 cumulative high school grade point average (weighted) and at least two of the following criteria:
- Participation in a pre-college/bridge or migrant education program. Letter of verification from director of the pre-college, migrant, or TRiO program is required. Pre-college/bridge programs include, but not limited to, the following TRiO Programs: Education Opportunity Center, GEAR UP, Talent Search, or Upward Bound.
- Eligible for participation in the Federal Free or Reduced Price lunch program.
- First generation college student.
If awarded, student must:
- Be enrolled full-time
- Maintain a 2.5 grade point average and satisfactory academic progress
- Participate in the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Scholars Academy
Application deadline: February 15, 2019
- To be eligible, you must apply and be admitted by WMU Office of Admissions by the scholarship deadline. It is strongly recommended that you apply to WMU by January 15 to ensure to allow application processing time prior to the deadline.
Award participants will be notified in March 2019.