Many students are unsure of their major and career path when they start college. WMU’s Haworth College of Business has advisors and faculty who can help you make the decision that is right for you. The resources below can help you as you begin your decision making process.
- Curriculum: Our majors and minors offer students many ways to enter professional business careers. Haworth College of Business academic advisors can help you navigate your curriculum. Contact the advising office to schedule an appointment or for more information.
- Business externship: Think you know which major is right for you but want to make sure? Consider participating in our externship program where you will spend a day (or two or three) with a business professional from the field you are considering, getting the chance to see what your days will be like as a professional.
- Faculty: Faculty members hold office hours and schedule appointments for students who want to know more about a major. Contact a department office if you would like to discuss your major with a faculty member.
- Career and major advisors: The college has a career center just for business students staffed with advisors who can assist you in the career development process, including exploration of business majors and careers. Explore Zhang Career Center resources, then schedule an appointment or visit during drop-in hours.
- Internships: Most of our students gain professional experience during their academic careers by participating in internships. The Zhang Career Center offers tips on finding internships and will help you find the right internship for your career path.
If you want to visit the college, receive information or meet with an advisor, call (269) 387-5075 or email an advisor.