- Resumes and cover letters.
- APA and other citation styles.
- Preparation for case competitions.
- Scholarship essays and graduate school applications.
- Presentations—We have a dedicated space for students to practice delivering presentations alongside their slide decks. Our consultant will give feedback on tone, body language, clarity of message and any other aspects the student or group would like to discuss. We can also provide a recording of the presentation to review after the consultation.
- Oral communication skills, including interviewing, pitch presentations and more.
The WMU Haworth Communication Center is a free service for business students to strengthen and professionalize their communication skills. We are an inclusive and judgment-free space for any student looking for feedback on their writing, speaking and presenting.
Effective communication is the number one skill employers look for when they seek new hires, according to Indeed.com. Our goal is to help prepare students to communicate clearly and effectively now and in their future careers.