Career Resources for LGBT Students
Western Michigan University is proud to be a diverse and welcoming community. We continue to make progress as a leader in LGBT-inclusion, and we value the unique qualities that LGBT-identified students contribute to our campus and the world of work. From weighing your decision to come out at work to searching for LGBT-friendly work environments, we have compiled a list of resources to assist you in your job search.
- Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay and Transgender Student Services - The mission of this WMU office is to ensure equitable access for all and promote a campus climate that affirms and supports the academic and personal development of all students inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression. The office coordinates a Resource Room and programs and events, such as the Ready to Work Series.
- GLAD - home to the national organization for legal advocacy and workplace rights for LGBT individuals.
- Out and Equal - a national job search board of diversity-friendly companies, a resource guide, and blog posts.
- The Human Rights Campaign - a range of resources from the annual “Best Places to Work” list to resources on coming out at work.
- Questions Students Can Ask in Interviews to Tell If a Company Really Cares About Diversity and Inclusion by Cindy Price Verduce, M.Ed.