We are here to consult with you on how to best recruit and brand your organization at Western Michigan University and assist with:
- posting jobs and internships
- hiring WMU students as interns
- hiring international talent
- engaging on campus and building a brand at WMU
- becoming an employer partner
- becoming a community service site
Let us help you connect with students, faculty, staff, and administration in eight WMU colleges (The Zhang Career Center handles the Haworth College of Business) in over 240 academic programs, Registered Student Organizations, Multicultural Affairs, Disability Services for Students, LBGT Student Services,and Veterans Affairs. Through a variety of partnerships we can assist you in structuring your recruitment activities at WMU and establishing a presence of your organization in the day-to-day lives of our students.
Expected employer representative conduct statement: Western Michigan University is committed to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion, which are central to student achievement and success. Additionally, WMU nondiscrimination policy prohibits behavior which limits participation in University activities on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, height, weight, or marital status. In this context, Career and Student Employment Services expects all employer representatives participating in career activities to serve every student equally. This includes appropriate time spent with each student, as well as the quality of feedback they receive.
To learn about employer-student engagement programs, customized recruitment planning, and branding/sponsorship opportunities, please contact Buffy Nespodzany, Assistant Director for Employer Relations, at email@example.com or (269) 387-2745.
The first step to recruiting at WMU is to join Handshake account.
- If you do not have an account you may create one by visiting https://wmich.joinhandshake.com and selecting "Sign up for an account." Then click "Employer." Handshake will walk you through the process of creating an account.
- If you already have a Handshake account, you may log in and add Western Michigan University by clicking "Schools" on the left hand side bar, then clicking "Search Schools" in the top right. Find Western Michigan University and click "Request Access."
- Employers requesting access to Handshake must enter their organization's website address and email.
- We review each account and posting to ensure marketability and integrity. When vetting new employer account requests, the company url is reviewed along with a corresponding email domain. Please allow up to three business days for your request to be processed. The approval process may take more time during holidays, major career events, or during university closings.
- Career and Student Employment Services reserves the right to edit, delete, or decline employer profiles or job postings that require financial investment on the part of our students/alumni or may involve unreasonable risks, as well as postings that are not in compliance with the NACE Principles for Employment Professionals.
- Questions? Visit Handshake Frequently Asked Questions or call us at (269) 387-2745.