Application Instructions: Criteria and Process
The Gerard W.J. & Madeline Tremblay Endowed Scholarship in Communication provides financial assistance for tuition and fees to undergraduate students who have chosen a communication major. This scholarship has been established by Dr. Christopher Tremblay (BS, MA, WMU) to honor his parents for their love and support.
Each academic year a minimum of $500 is available for one student in the School of Communication.
- Full-time undergraduate with a major in the School of Communication.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Special consideration will be given to students who are the first generation in their families to attend college.
1. Applicants must complete and submit the Tremblay Scholarship application form
2. Applicants must submit an essay of two pages describing your experiences as a first-generation college student and a brief description of your goals.
2. Submit your materials by February 20, 2023, using the application form below
3. Contact Dr. Propp with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A scholarship committee composed of faculty in the School of Communication will review the applications.
1. The scholarship recipient(s) shall be named in the spring for awarding in the following academic year (2023-2024).
2. Each award shall be distributed one half in the fall semester (2023) and one half in the spring semester (2024).
3. Students graduating in Fall, 2023 will receive the award for fall only.