Master of Arts in communication
The 30-credit hour master's program in the School of Communication at Western Michigan University integrates communication theory and application, aligning with expectations for doctoral education as well as communication professions. Our program is distinguished by:
- Nationally-recognized graduate faculty that teach all of our master’s level courses.
- Student placement in top communication careers post-graduation at regional, national and international organization.
- Our proven track record of faculty and graduate collaborations in leading-edge research relevant to academic and practitioner careers.
- Research productivity that rivals top communication doctoral programs within a supportive, master's degree-only environment.
- Capstone choices that allow students to personalize their research and interests.
Our graduates pursue careers in nonprofit and corporate leadership, public relations, training and development, human resources, consulting, college teaching and other related fields. They have been accepted to top communication doctoral programs such as Ohio University, University of Tennessee, University of Kentucky, Pennsylvania State University, Purdue University and University of Iowa.
Explore our Master of Arts in communication brochure for more information.
Check out a short video with graduate student testimonials, faculty interviews, and information from the program director, Dr. Julie Apker. WMU School of Communication Information Session.
Meet our faculty
We invite you to talk informally with faculty about our courses and capstone experiences, meet with our graduate director or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how our graduate program can serve you.