Application Instructions: Criteria and Process
Purpose: The Paul and Julie Yelsma Family Scholarship is given annually to a student who demonstrates academic promise in the area of interpersonal and family communication.
Amount: Each academic year a scholarship of a minimum of $500 is available for one student.
1. Full-time undergraduate student with an Interpersonal Communication major in the School of Communication.
2. No minimum GPA required.
3. Financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid
4. A record of academic promise in the area of family communication
1. Applicants must complete and submit the Yelsma Family Scholarship application form.
2. A letter of recommendation from a current School of Communication faculty member that focuses on the selection criteria for this scholarship should be included with the application form.
3. Submit your materials by February 22, 2022, using the application form below.
4. Contact Dr. Propp with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A scholarship committee composed of School of Communication faculty will review the applications. The committee will determine the recipient.
1. The scholarship recipient(s) shall be named in the spring for awarding in the following academic year (2022-2023).
2. Each award shall be distributed one half in the fall semester (2022) and one half in the spring semester (2023).