Application Instructions: Criteria and Process
Purpose: The Paul and Julie Yelsma Family Scholarship is given annually to a student who demonstrates academic promise in the area of interpersonal and family communication.
Amount: Each academic year a scholarship of a minimum of $500 is available for one student.
1. Full-time undergraduate student with an Interpersonal Communication major in the School of Communication.
2. No minimum GPA required.
3. A demonstrated interest in the area of family communication.
4. Financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
1. Applicants must complete and submit the Yelsma Family Communication Scholarship application form.
2. Submit your materials by TBD Feb. 2022, to Dr. Kathleen Propp using the application form below.
A scholarship committee composed of School of Communication faculty will review the applications. The committee will determine the recipient.
1. The scholarship recipient shall be named in the spring for awarding in the following academic year (2021-2022).
2. The award shall be distributed one half in the fall semester (2022) and one half in the spring semester (2023).