Application Instructions: Criteria and Process
The Roslyn M. Abrams Endowed Scholarship in Communication provides financial assistance for tuition and fees to undergraduate students who have chosen a communication major.
Each academic year a minimum of $1000 is available for this scholarship. The award may be for a single recipient or may be divided among two or more recipients.
- Full-time undergraduate with a major in the School of Communication.
- A minimum GPA of 2.0.
3. Financial need as determined by the Office of Student Financial Aid.
4. Special consideration will be given to students who have overcome obstacles such as socioeconomic or educational disadvantage or disabilities, or who are the first generation in their families to attend college.
5. Past recipients may re-apply.
- Applicants must complete and submit the Abrams Scholarship application form and essay.
- Submit your materials by TBD February 2022, to Dr. Kathleen Propp using the application form below.
A scholarship committee composed of faculty in the School of Communication will review the applications. The committee in consultation with the Office of Student Financial Aid will determine the recipient(s) and the amount(s) to be awarded to each recipient.
- The scholarship recipient(s) shall be named in the spring for awarding in the following academic year (2022-2023).
- Each award shall be distributed one half in the fall semester (2022) and one half in the spring semester (2023).