Western Michigan University's Digital Marketing and eCommerce major is an interdisciplinary major that combines the study of marketing and information systems to prepare students for careers in fields such as eCommerce, data analytics, digital marketing, social media, and web application development services. Students will study digital technologies, web applications, web design and digital marketing practices in order to solve contemporary business problems and meet challenges in the rapidly changing digital marketplace.
digital marketing and ecommerce COURSE Sequence
- CIS 2900: Web Applications for Business
- CIS 3900: Business Web Architecture
- MKTG 3710: Marketing Research
- MKTG 3730: Digital and Social Media Marketing
- MKTG 4791 - Advanced Digital Marketing Strategies
A digital marketing and eCommerce student will select one of the following specialty areas for a total of 9 credit hours.
- Web Applications
- Mobile Applications
- Database Marketing
- Customized Specialization
If you have questions or concerns related to your coursework, or seek career advising, contact a digital marketing and eCommerce major coordinator: