It is strongly recommended that all students meet with their academic advisor before their date to register for classes arrives to help ensure students know what classes are pertinent to their next semester schedule.
When and how to register for classes
- Visit the Registrar’s website for clarification on when and how you can register for classes.
- Our visual instruction guide shows you the step-by-step process for course registration.
- Visit the Registrar’s website for clarification on any registration error messages you receive.
Many account holds will prevent course registration. If you cannot register due to a hold on your account, you need to contact the department that initiated that hold. They can provide information on what you need to do to release that hold so you can register for classes.
To find your hold information:
- Log into goWMU
- In “My Self Service” select “Registration.”
- Select “My Holds.”
Hold information also is in the top section of your Degree Works audit. Please note, an account hold does not prevent an advisor from discussing your future semester schedules so please do not wait to resolve an account hold before seeing your academic advisor.
If you cannot register for a class because it is closed you need to see if there is a waitlist and add yourself to it. You may find waitlists in one of three different locations:
- All College of Engineering and Applied Sciences course wait lists are held in the advising office (E-102 Floyd Hall).
CEAS Waitlist Request
- Waitlists on GoWMU are implemented by various departments across campus. You can see if a course has an online waitlist in the course look-up screen by looking at the “WL Cap” column to see if there is a number greater than zero. Visit the registrar’s website for instructions on how to join a waitlist on GoWMU.
- If neither of the above options provide a waitlist for your class, contact the department that runs the course to inquire about their procedures for closed classes.
Even if you join a waitlist, continue to watch GoWMU in the event someone else drops that course.