If inclement weather occurs, please check the weather information page.
- Early September – Email and mail 2022 workshop information.
Schools should respond promptly via the online registration form to register.
- Friday, Sept. 30 – Fall Workshop
Committee will meet at 9 a.m.
Directors should bring their "best octet" with them (maximum of eight students).
Association membership fee of $40 must be paid at the workshop.
- Before Oct. 15 – Email summary of Fall Workshop meeting.
- Before Jan. 15 – Email Honors Choir audition information to the schools.
Schools should respond promptly via the online registration form to reserve an audition spot.
- By Jan. 27 – Email Honors Choir audition times to each school.
Message will include travel and parking instructions.
- Monday, Feb. 6 – Honors Choir auditions in Dalton Center from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m.
Committee will meet following the auditions.
- Monday, Feb. 6 – Email 2023 festival registration information to all directors who attended the Fall Workshop.
- Wednesday, Feb. 8 – Honors Choir audition results will be emailed to directors and mailed to each student who auditioned (along with additional Honors Choir details).
- Friday, Feb. 24 – Deadline for submitting online festival registration to WMU.
Note: The festival is not obligated to accept registrations received after Friday, Feb. 24.
Per capita fee of $5 per Festival Chorus student or $8 per Honors Choir student should be mailed as soon as possible after registering, but do not delay submitting the form; your business office can mail the check later.
- Tuesday, March 7 – Seating tickets will be sent by first class mail.
- Honors Choir rehearsals
Monday, March 13 – 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Dalton Center Choral Rehearsal Room 1116
Monday, March 20 – 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Dalton Center Choral Rehearsal Room 1116
Wednesday, March 22 – 4:30 to 6 p.m. in Dalton Center Choral Rehearsal Room 1116
Wednesday, March 22 – 7:30 to 9 p.m. in Miller Auditorium
Thursday, March 23 – 4 to 5 p.m. in Miller Auditorium (Festival Day).
- Thursday, March 23 – Festival Day
9:15 Suggested chorus arrival time
9:45 Latest possible chorus arrival time
10:00 Announcements and introductions
10:15 Morning rehearsal begins
12:30 Morning rehearsal concludes
12:45 Conductors buffet lunch and annual meeting
2:30 Afternoon rehearsal begins
4:00 Afternoon rehearsal concludes
4:00 Honors Choir run-through begins
5:00 Latest conclusion of Honors Choir run-through
6:45 Chorus reports to seating area
7:00 Concert begins
- Friday, April 7 – Deadline for mailing your CD recording order.
- Monday, May 1 – Do everything possible to mail CDs to schools by this date.
- Before June 1 – Do everything possible to mail 2024 music list by this date.