Please follow any instructions posted on doors for COVID-19 safety precautions.
Regular Dalton Center building hours: 7 a.m.—Midnight.
Main School of Music Office (room 2132) hours: 8 a.m.—5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Dalton Center room schedules
- All Convocation events are on your Experience WMU page and on the School of Music Twitter feed.
- Spring 2022 Convocations and Area Recitals summary page (revised Jan. 5)
Advising Information: Ariel is no longer with the School of Music. We are currently looking for a new advisor. During this time you can schedule an advising appointment with Nick Gauthier (CFA Advising Director) or Keith Kothman (Director of the School of Music).
- For any keys, first-time key renters need to fill out this form:
You'll only need to do this once during your time at WMU.
- Then go to our payment link here.
- You will be emailed when your key is ready to pick up with the location. (Those that paid already will get emails soon - please be patient - I'm only here Monday through Friday - thank you!)
We need an email from your instructor (to this email email@example.com) saying you have permission AND the above form and rental fee (rental fee for practice room covers keys EXCEPT for percussion) complete before you can get any special room keys. This includes such keys as large instrument storage and the reed room.
Maestro-needed keys: we need to have your form completion in the system and permission from Helen R., but there is no fee for Maestro associated keys unless lost.
PRACTICE ROOM KEY POLICIES
Practice Room Keys for music majors ONLY (Includes music performance, music education, composition, MAT, and music theatre students):
Practice room availability will be split into two categories: brown rooms and gold rooms. Usage will be alternating: Brown rooms will be available on the odd-numbered hours, for one hour of use. Gold rooms will be available on even-numbered hours, for one hour of use. In the hour a room is not being used, it is ventilating to give the air handling system time to exchange the air in the space. Signs are on each room listing the hours the room is available for use and the hours it is to be empty and ventilating. These rooms will be checked and if a Troll (Employee of the Concerts Office) tells you to move, you must do so. PLEASE NOTE: There is a key-loss fee for keys not returned on time explained in the student key contract.
Practice Room Keys for non-music majors ONLY (Includes music minors):
AS OF JANUARY 1, 2020: YOU MUST BE IN AN APPROVED APPLIED or ENSEMBLE MUSIC CLASS TO RENT A KEY!
Non-majors can only rent for one semester at a time, showing proof of approved music course enrollment each time. PLEASE NOTE: There is a key-loss fee for keys not returned on time explained in the student key contract.
- First, you'll need to fill out the Student Key Contract. This only needs to be done once during your undergrad career, unless your contact information has changed. Please see above for Spring & Summer 1 key returns/renewals.
- Send a copy of your class schedule to music @wmich.edu.
- Then pay at our online store and if you're getting keys for the first time, you'll receive an email when your key is ready to pick up.
FIRST PAID, FIRST SERVED, but those with large instruments will get the big lockers first. (If you have a large instrument, I recommend renting ASAP.) Rental fee to be paid here, then you'll get an email once your lock/locker is ready with further instruction. If not picked up within the deadline given in the email, we will rent your locker to the next person!
Start the process by filling out the student section of this pdf, then save. Send to your instructor for permission and signature, then email to the address on the form. Instrument control will then contact you with more information.
MAT Room Access:
For access to MAT rooms, you'll need both your instructor's permission and to pay the $5 semester fee. This fee covers all rooms that you are authorized for during the whole semester and please allow 2-3 business days after paying for access to be assigned. We request that you submit payment through our online store.
- Independent Study Project Request form
- Chamber/Combo Ensemble Registration form
- Student Information Release Authorization form
- Accompanist Agreement template
- Area Recital form
- Area Recital form - brass and percussion
- Application for Intern Teaching
- Applied Music Report
- College of Fine Arts Student Scholarship Application
- Student request for recital recording
- Woodwind jury form
- Jazz jury form
- Jazz jury requirements - instrumental
- Jazz jury requirements - vocal
- Music Education Curriculum Questionnaire
- Student Recital fees
- Student recital scheduling form (The deadline for scheduling a student recital during the Spring 2022 semester was 5 p.m. on March 1. If you would like to schedule a recital during Summer I, please contact Kevin West. Thank you!)
- Sound Reinforcement Request from Multimedia Technology program
- Request to borrow MAT equipment
- Fine Arts Scholarship Application
- Music student handbook
- Hearing Health Information Sheet from NASM
- Neuromusculoskeletal Health Information Sheet from NASM
- Vocal Health Information Sheet from NASM