Western Michigan University's Payroll and Disbursement department is committed to processing payments accurately and timely while providing excellent service. We hope you find this site useful in answering questions, providing links, contacts, forms and other communications.
- Disbursements will be accepting electronic copies of vouchers during the COVID-19 period
- Copies should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of the invoice, contract, and W-9/W-8 should be attached as required
- Electronic signatures are also acceptable during this period
- An email in place of a signature on a contract or voucher is acceptable during this time of reduced operations, if the individual does not have the ability to sign electronically
- Please note that although we are accepting electronic vouchers, adherence to all University policies remains
- Department procurement cardholders may
- Sign off on all transactions in Works, or delay sign off able to do so.
- Allocate expenses to the appropriate account codes by the last business day of the month, or do journal entries after the end of the month to correct.
- Prepare the monthly reconciliation and obtaining manager approval, when available. This can be delayed if the department is not operating.
- Travel cardholders
- May continue to submit travel vouchers for reimbursement of expenditures. These can be electronically sent to email@example.com.
General inquires related to disbursements should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Timekeepers and supervisors are expected to submit hours and absence reporting for biweekly and semimonthly employees according to the established pay schedule available at https://wmich.edu/payroll/payroll/pay-schedule
- KR Correction Forms will be due by 3 p.m. on Mondays rather than on Tuesday during the COVID-19 period.
- Semimonthly leave used needs to be entered into PeopleSoft by 3 p.m. on the days listed in the P/S Leave Entry Deadline on the Semimonthly Pay Schedule.
- KR Correction Forms and SM Correction Forms should be emailed to the Payroll Department at: email@example.com
- Kronos job aids are available on the Payroll website at: https://wmich.edu/sites/default/files/attachments/u332/2016/Kronos%208%20Training%20Guide.pdf
- Semimonthly leave history report instructions are available at: https://wmich.edu/sites/default/files/attachments/u332/2015/Create%20Leave%20History%20Reports-1.pdf
General inquiries and questions related to payroll should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Payroll Choices Program is an exciting new payroll solution that gives you the option to receive your pay via direct deposit or a Visa® Payroll Card service. This program will provide you with flexible, convenient and secure ways to access your pay eliminating the need to issue paper checks. All new employees are required to enroll in Payroll Choices Direct Deposit or Payroll Choices Pay Card.
Western Michigan University employees should verify that their address is correct using the Employee Self Service channel within GoWMU. W-2 forms will be available by Jan. 31 through the Employee Self Service channel in GoWMU to employees who have authorized electronic delivery. W-2s will be mailed Jan. 31 to the home addresses of those who have not made such an authorization or have separated from the University. W-2's for previous years are also available within the Employee Self Service channel within GoWMU for those employees that provide their consent to receive electronic versions.
Regular WMU employees and departments are eligible to obtain an University procurement card to be used for departmental purchases. The Visa card can be used for authorized items on phone, fax or pick-up orders. See the Procurement Card Procedures for complete details and the list of items that are prohibited to be purchased using the procurement card.
Accounts Payable Disbursements manages the processing of payments via invoices, vouchers, and purchase on behalf of the University. Our goal is to provide prompt payments to vendors while ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures. Please reference the Accounts Payable Procedure Manual and the forms page.