Timeline for ATYP Qualification/Course Sequence
Timetables and deadlines
- September/October of sixth or seventh grade: Invites to ATYP information meetings
- October/November: Informational meetings held
- January/February: Test preview seminars available
- December to April: Deadlines to register for above-grade-level testing
- February to May: Participate in SAT or ACT Test or register for portfolio qualification (March deadline)
- March thru May: Students receive test results from test company and send them to ATYP
- April/May: Students receive notice of conditional admission decision and invite to additional assessment
- Late April: Qualifying students will be invited to attend a second ATYP information meeting; final qualifying decisions may not yet be determined
- If you participate in CTD Assessment and do not hear from us by May 1, please contact the office. We send an email to each testing student letting them know whether or not they qualified. If you have not received an email, it means that the office did not receive your score.
- If you submitted a portfolio and have not heard from us by May 1, please contact our office.
- May: Final qualifying decisions are communicated; registration forms due for coming fall classes
- September: ATYP classes begin
ATYP accepts test scores from all testing dates; you may take the ACT or SAT during any month testing is available to qualify for ATYP. July through December tests are for qualification for the following school year.
Typical course sequence with timing
AP Language and Literature
Literature, Philosophy, and Media
AP Computer Science is available after a student has completed Algebra I.
7th or 8th
8th or 9th
9th or 10th
10th, 11th or 12th