"WMU ATYP Summer Camps offer excellent enrichment opportunities at a very reasonable cost. A wonderful chance for students to explore what interests them."
ATYP holds summer programs for bright students each summer. No qualification necessary—all students can participate. Summer camps for 2022 will be a mix of online and in-person opportunities.
Camps offered Summer 2021:
- Code Breaking, June 21-25, 1-4 p.m.
- Intro to Veterinary Science, June 21-25, 9 a.m.-noon
- Virtual Reality, June 28-July 2, 1-4 p.m.
- What’s in Your Water, June 28-July 2, 9 a.m.-noon
- Water In, Water Out, June 28-July 2, 1-4 p.m.
- Graphic Novels, July 12-16, 9 a.m.-noon
- Scratch Multimedia Games, July 12-16, 1-4 p.m.
- Digital Storytelling with Alice, June 14-18, 1-4 p.m. (virtual)
- Introduction to Theater, June 28-July 2, 9 a.m.-noon (virtual)
- SurvivalCraft, July 12-16, 1-4 p.m. (virtual)
- New Media and Digital Theater, July 12-16, 9 a.m.-noon (virtual)
Camps are primarily for students going into 6th to 9th grade.
Each summer we offer a Writing Your College Admissions Essay camp for students entering their senior year (2021-22). There are usually four separate sessions of this class - two online and two in-person (if possible).
Summer 2022 camp information will be available in February or March 2022.
For more information on all the summer camps available at Western Michigan University, see the online directory.