Deadline: October 29, 2021
1) Please review the minimum requirements for scholarships through the Department of Spanish, which are also linked to the web page http://wmich.edu/spanish/scholarships. If you meet these minimum requirements and want to be considered for a scholarship, carefully read the instructions and submit this completely filled out application form and your essay (described below) to the Department of Spanish by the deadline listed above.
2) Use this application to apply for all scholarships you are interested in and qualified to receive. You can simultaneously apply for multiple scholarships with one application.
2) The application requires some basic information, including your overall GPA and GPA in Spanish. You will also be asked for the names and department of one to three WMU faculty members or teaching assistants who are willing to recommend you for this scholarship. Some scholarship criteria require that at least two of these references must be from the Department of Spanish. There is no need to ask for written letters of recommendation; the committee will contact these references directly as necessary.
3) Please prepare a one page, typed essay (approximately 300 words in English) to attach and submit with this application. It must be a text file in Word, pdf, or rtf format. In your essay, make reference to the scholarship criteria to explain why you feel you should receive a scholarship or award to support your study abroad experience or continued studies in Spanish at WMU.
4) You can save and return to this application. Once you submit your completed application, you will be notified by phone or email to arrange an interview with the scholarship committee if your application is accepted. If you have questions concerning the application, please contact the chair of the scholarship committee: Professor Mike Millar, email: email@example.com; phone: (269) 387-3026.
Department of Spanish
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5338 USA
Phone (260) 387-3023