Students applying for the Western Michigan University program at the Universidad de Quito must:
- Be currently enrolled at WMU.
- Be at least 18 years old at time of application.
- Have completed the first three semesters of Spanish at WMU: SPAN 1000, 1010 and 2000.
- Have a 3.0 (B) grade point average in Spanish courses (at least one Spanish course must have been completed at WMU).
- Be in good overall academic standing.
- Read the Quito program description and application.
- The application consists of the:
- Online application
- A brief Statement of Purpose (essay) and letters of recommendation (both are part of the online application process)
- The fall application phase begins in mid-September. A second application phase will take place during the following spring semester if all positions are not filled during the fall phase. Early application is encouraged and appreciated.
- A student accepted for admission will be requested to complete additional necessary information, including a permission/release form and a health/physician's form. A program deposit of $500 may be charged to the student's account soon after acceptance. Students will receive instructions for payment of the program balance.
- Students will be required to attend orientation meetings conducted on campus by the WMU faculty director.
- Passport: Students who receive acceptance into the program should apply immediately for a passport if they do not already have one. Students who already have a passport should verify that it is valid at least six months beyond the final date of this program. No visa is required.