To be eligible for a Department of Spanish teaching assistantship award, a student must be fully admitted to a graduate degree program in Spanish at Western Michigan University for the term(s) for which the award is given.
- The student must maintain good academic standing (a minimum GPA of 3.0) during the term of the assistantship.
- Grade point average is a criterion for selection. Teaching assistantships are awarded to beginning graduate students with undergraduate GPAs in Spanish of 3.25 or above.
- The term for teaching assistantships in the Department of Spanish is one academic year (fall semester and the following spring semester).
- An appointment requires enrollment in at least six graduate credit hours per semester. Teaching assignments will consist of three Spanish courses during the academic year (one four-hour course during one semester, two four-hour courses during the other semester).
- To apply, complete the Teaching Assistantship Application Form. Type or print information clearly.
- Applications should be submitted by Feb. 1 for those planning to enroll for the fall semester and Oct. 1 for those planning to enroll for the spring semester. The department may consider late applications if enrollment is not filled.
Mail or email the completed application to:
Dr. Patricia Montilla
Department of Spanish
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5338 USA
Fax: (269) 387-3003