To be eligible for a Department of Spanish teaching assistantship award, a student must be fully admitted to a graduate degree program in Spanish at Western Michigan University for the term(s) for which the award is given.
- The student must maintain good academic standing (a minimum GPA of 3.0) during the term of the assistantship.
- Grade point average is a criterion for selection. Teaching assistantships are awarded to beginning graduate students with undergraduate GPAs in Spanish of 3.25 or above.
- The term for teaching assistantships in the Department of Spanish is one academic year (fall semester and the following spring semester).
- An appointment requires enrollment in at least six graduate credit hours per semester. Teaching assignments will consist of three Spanish courses during the academic year (one four-hour course during one semester, two four-hour courses during the other semester).
- To apply, complete the teaching assistantship application form. Type or print information clearly.
- Applications should be submitted by Feb. 15 for those planning to enroll for the fall semester and Oct. 15 for those planning to enroll for the spring semester. The department may consider late applications if enrollment is not filled.
Mail or email the completed application to:
Dr. Patricia Montilla
Department of Spanish
Western Michigan University
1903 W Michigan Ave
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5338 USA
Fax: (269) 387-3003