COVID-19 Continuity of Services Update 3/24/2020:
Most of the work handled by Success at WMU and Peer2Peer has been deemed non-essential work functions for the delivery of online courses through the end of Spring semester. However, some staff from our office are operating remotely on very limited hours. You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our front desk at (269) 387-0275 to be connected to either Monica Liggins-Abrams or operations staff to address your needs as quickly as possible. During this time, e-mail or phone is the most effective way for us to connect with you, and supporting you is our utmost priority. Please note that we will respond to your emails and phone calls as soon as possible.
The University will deliver instruction through distance education through the end of the spring semester.
It’s all about students and their success at Western Michigan University! As a Presidential Initiative, Success at WMU is a reflection of the university's dedication to students. Through initiatives such as Peer2Peer eMentoring, The JED initiative based Mental Health Outreach program, and the expansion of the Gateways to Completion program, Success at WMU is large-scale campus commitment to build a strong foundation and support system to enable students to complete their education and obtain their degrees.
What do we mean by student success?
To us, success means:
- Students remaining enrolled through completion of their undergraduate degree
- Higher grades and less course repetition
- Students acquiring the knowledge and ability to accomplish professional and personal goals
- Maintaining a healthy School-life balance
- Knowledge of and access to resources on campus
- Increase self-efficacy
- Active involvement on campus and within the community