Admitted student checklist
1. Learn more about WMU
2. Reserve your place
- Send $100 Admission Confirmation Deposit, or request a deposit waiver, preferably before May 1. This fee confirms your enrollment and is applied to your fall semester tuition. Visit our Admission Confirmation Deposit instruction website for more information.
3. Pay for college
- Print the WMU Student Financial Aid Application Checklist for your reference.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (preferably before March 1).
4. Sign up for orientation
- New student orientation registration begins in February for students enrolling fall semester.
5. Register for housing
- On-campus housing registration begins in February for students enrolling fall semester.
6. Prepare for your first year
- Avoid “senioritis”—we review senior grades for all admitted students. Remember to keep up the good work!
- Log in to GoWMU for the first time and create a password.
- Access GoWMU and check your WMU email regularly—official University communications are sent to this account.
- Transfer your dual enrollment, AP or IB credits. If you have college credit, transfer those credits by submitting an official transcript, both as a part of your admission application and after the completion of each semester.
7. Request your final high school transcript
- Transcripts should be sent from your high school to the WMU Admissions Office. Transcripts must be received 10 days before the beginning of the fall semester to avoid delays in financial aid disbursement and course registration.