March 2021 Newsletter
Mike Doss: Packaged for success
There is no roadmap to becoming the CEO of a Fortune 500 company, but Mike Doss, B.B.A.’89, MBA’91, president and CEO of Graphic Packaging International, identifies the traits that effective leaders share: a solutions-oriented mindset, tenacity, integrity, and the ability to build teams who understand a company’s purpose and culture, as well as their role in supporting both. Read more.
High school students learn to be sales superstars at Haworth College of Business
Students from more than 20 Michigan high schools got to finesse their selling skills during the virtual Great Lakes High School Sales Challenge—an event hosted by Western Michigan University’s sales and business marketing program, one of the top sales education programs in the country. Read more.
- Save the date for WMU Giving Day 2021
- Join the #Go2WMU social media campaign
- Experts to address rapidly changing food industry during Western's virtual Food Marketing Conference
- Raising the bar in HR: Q&A with Mike Powell
- Western's student-run radio station earns national award nominations
Has your contact information changed? Let the WMU Alumni Association know!
WMU anticipates an unprecedented number of scholarship applications in the coming months. Make a gift to support a student from the Haworth College of Business, or any area of WMU you choose.
To suggest a story please contact:
Editor: Molly Goaley