The Haworth College of Business at Western Michigan University provides this pre-business administration curriculum transfer guide for Alpena Community College students.
With a grade of C (unless noted) or better in the following nine courses from Alpena Community College, you may apply to the Bachelor of Business Administration program at WMU.
- Alpena BUS 121 transfers as WMU BUS 1750: Business Enterprise
- Alpena CIS 120 is accepted for WMU CIS 1020: Business Computing
- Select one of Alpena ENG 111, 112, 121, 122, 123 or BUS 248 to transfer as WMU ENGL 1050: Freshman Composition
- Select one of Alpena MTH 121, 123, 130 or 131 to transfer as WMU MATH 1160, 1180, 2000 or 1220
- Alpena MTH 223 is accepted for WMU STAT 2160: Business Statistics
- Alpena ECN 231 transfers as WMU ECON 2010: Microeconomics
- Alpena ECN 232 transfers as WMU ECON 2020: Macroeconomics
- Alpena BUS 123 transfers as WMU ACTY 2100: Accounting I. A grade of B- or better is required in this course before enrolling in WMU ACTY 3100, 3220, or 3240.
- Alpena BUS 124 transfers as WMU ACTY 2110: Accounting II. A grade of B- or better is required in this course before enrolling in WMU ACTY 3100, 3220, or 3240.
You may also take these courses:
- Alpena BUS 241 transfers as WMU MKTG 2500: Marketing Principles
- Alpena BUS 201 transfers as WMU BUS 2200: Introduction to Global Business
Before applying to WMU's B.B.A. program:
- Complete 48 credit hours
- Achieve a 2.5 overall GPA or higher for courses taken through WMU.
Why transfer to the Haworth College Business? These points of pride reveal our quality programs, respected faculty and why WMU is the right choice for you and your bright future!