Resume Samples - Aerospace Engineering
RESUME SAMPLE 1
Effective leader with strong communication skills and organization. Proven ability to successfully train corporate, military, and academic personnel. Technically proficient and capable of learning new processes quickly.
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, GPA: 3.85, Month Year
- Attend weekly training under active duty Air Force personnel.
- Receive training in the core areas of leadership, communication, and teamwork.
- Attended boot camp-style field training and achieved the highest ranking possible within flight.
- Currently placed in charge of the entire Cadet Wing as the Cadet Wing Commander.
- Responsible for the training of 100+ cadets, as well as week-to-week planning.
- Tutor science, engineering and technology subjects to underclassmen.
- Advise new students on study habits and other productive learning skills.
- Present new material to students in classroom setting.
- Grade completed work and provide feedback.
- Learned the industry and assigned products quickly in spite of no previous experience.
- Considered to be an expert in Rockwell Automation Ethernet Media products and therefore tasked with training full time employees.
- Completed over 120 in-person sales calls to manufacturing companies throughout western Michigan, exceeding quota by 70 sales calls.
- Performed product demonstrations to entire branch during monthly sales meetings.
- Assisted Lab Engineer in the development and construction of circuitry to monitor the Accelerator's coolant system.
- Led the installation and troubleshooting of newly developed coolant monitoring system.
- Ultimately responsible for the production of straw wattles, an erosion control product.
Hands-on ability to operate and maintain farm machinery including tractors, bobcat and forklift.
- Dean’s List - Eight out of Eight semesters
- AFROTC Commendation Award - Spring semester Year
- AFROTC Achievement Award - Fall semester Year
- AFROTC Meritorious Service Award - Fall semester Year
AFROTC Distinguished Graduate - Max 1 of AFROTC Field Training Year
- Over 80 hours of community service through Arnold Air Society at nursing homes, soup kitchens, and trash clean-ups.
- Over 500 hours of volunteer work through Superkids Ministries as a counselor in charge of 10-20 young boys.
Resume Sample 2
Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and team-orientated professional with a strong work ethic seeking a Certification Engineering internship with Gulfstream Aerospace. Offering leadership, experience, and innovation to develop technologies, solutions, and processes for current and future aircraft programs.
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Month Year
- Performed complex stress analysis on the Citation X+ hydraulic system to ensure all assemblies adhere to industry regulations using CAD software and ENOVIA Virtual Product Management (VPM).
- Initiated a design trade study for the implementation of an electrically-actuated parking brake on large cabin aircraft to provide a competitive and modern solution to current methods.
- Participated in cross-functional meetings to address, assign, and execute engineering change requests.
- Assisted team members in addressing and resolving critical engineering or customer service items for sustaining programs.
- Revised the FAA approved Airplane Flight Manual for the Citation Excel jet for distribution to pilots and operators.
- Prepared documentation about the maintenance and operation of aircraft systems and parts for use in a variety of industry- leading technical documents.
- Supported the certification and testing of new aircraft programs to meet company deadlines and customer delivery dates.
- Aided in processing customer requests for changes to various flight documents to address pilot and regulatory concerns.
- Supervise staff members for fulfilling duties and ensuring customer service quality and program performance.
- Develop, publish, and support academic assistance projects for widespread use by the student body.
- Assist students with Science, Engineering, and Mathematics coursework to advance student achievement.
- Provide guided tours of engineering facility to inform and motivate prospective students.
- Facilitate academic presentations to students and parents regarding academic success.
- Plan, implement, and conduct recruitment events to promote engineering programs and increase enrollment.
Skills and Involvement
- Software and Simulation: CATIA V5, ENOVIA, MATLAB, LabVIEW, and Microsoft Office Programming, testing, and analysis of small-scale remote aircraft and high performance helicopter systems President of American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) Student Chapter for Year-Year.
- Oversaw the development and completion of the Design / Build / Fly competition and Unmanned Aerial System aircrafts.
- Coordinated with project leaders and University officials to host four distinguished speaker events on campus.
- Developed and managed an $8,000 budget as the Treasurer.
Honors and Awards
- University Employee of the Year recognition and Outstanding Aerospace Engineering Student Award
- Dean’s List: Year-Present, Western Michigan University
- Recipient of the Kenneth W. Knight Scholarship and Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering Merit Scholarship