Resume Sample - Biological Sciences
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Seeking a laboratory or research internship to complement my coursework and future goal as a virologist. Strong initiative, teamwork and interpersonal skills, and an ardent passion for science.
Bachelor of Science, Major: Biological Science, Minor: Chemistry; GPA: 3.59; Expected Month Year
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Relevant Coursework and Leadership Experience
- Genetics: Studied and analyzed genetic principles through laboratory research. Summarized and presented gene deletion and consequent virulence of Rift Valley Fever in mosquitoes.
- Cellular Biology: Conducted various experiements employing the use of immunostaining, cell cultures, gel electrophoresis, and enzyme assays. Identified the locations of tubulin and histones within NIH3T3 cells, and researched the effects of Nocadazole on tubulin in cells.
- Organic Chemistry: Gained proficiency in nomenclature, evaluating spectroscopic data, and numerous reaction mechanisms, as well as predicting reaction outcomes.
- Emerging Energies Learning Community: Incorporated business, ethics, and architecture with the application of environmental principles and practices. Analyzed buildings from the 2018 Solar Decathlon from multiple environmentally oriented perspectives.
- UNC Green: Assessed and addressed various sustainable shortcomings on UNCG's campus, conceptualized a recycled bottle bus shelter to be implemented on campus.
- UNCG Biology Club (Beta Iota Omicron): Community-oriented, student-led service organization. Initiated and organized fundraising events and food drives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Cmap, LoggerPro
- Customer service, data management, budgeting, and interpersonal communication.
Meijer, Produce Clerk, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year–Present
- Demonstrated exceptional knowledge of merchandise when addressing customer needs.
- Accurately recorded inventory for up to 1500-piece deliveries every night.
- Collaborated with coworkers to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
Pizza Hut, Team Member/Server, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year–Month Year
- Followed strict health and safety standards while preparing food items.
- Demonstrated superior time management skills when delivering multiple customer orders.
- Consistently operated and balanced cash drawer, as well as a driver bank.
The Craft and Antique Mall, Cashier/Sales Representative, Rockford, MI, Month, Year – Month, Year
- Developed store layout and merchandising plans to incorporate products from over 100 vendors.
- Managed financial transactions and handled payments for purchases, layaway, and booth rentals.