Resume Sample - Biomedical Sciences
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Seeking an internship in laboratory diagnosis and research. Offering clinical and patient contact experience to perform diagnostic tests to treat and prevent disease.
- Cellular Biology with Lab
- Organismal Biology with Lab
- Human Anatomy with Lab
- General Genetics
- Microbiology with Lab
- Human Physiology with Lab
- General Pathology
- Developmental Biology
- Synaptic Plasticity & Function
- Biology of Sensory System
- General Psychology
- General Chemistry with Lab
- Organic Chemistry with Lab
- Biochemistry with Lab
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Wellness & Fitness
Research and Laboratory Experience
- Proficient in microscopic techniques and slides preparation including histology and microorganisms slides.
- Familiar with medical terminology and data analysis.
- Conducted physiological tests including blood A/B/O typing and urine analysis; examined reflexes, vision, and hearing; administered drugs, bioassays, and EKG’s; performed cardiac monitoring; determined respiratory rate; analyzed nutrition and digestion; and isolated and analyzed DNA samples.
- Performed two major microorganism isolation and identification projects.
- Observed and studied embryological stages of different species including human.
- Assisted with scientific literature research projects in the following areas: Optic Neuritis, focusing on disease pathology, diagnosis, and prevention; and neuromuscular junction after an injury, focusing on the rolls of Glial cells and function.
- Analyzed and studied ecosystems of freshwater microorganisms.
- Examined inorganic, organic, and biochemical reactions and performed a variety of measuring, isolating, and producing techniques.
- Conducted seminar projects on various biological topics.
Certifications and Languages
- First Aid/CPR/AED Instructor certified by the American Red Cross
- Fluent in English and Arabic
Emergency Room Services Volunteer, Borgess Health Hospital, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year–Present
- Provide ER services to patients.
Blood Drive Services Volunteer, American Red Cross, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year–Present
- Ensure donors’ safety; greet and register donors and provide refreshments.
- Unload and reload medical and non-medical equipment and supplies at multiple locations.
Health and Safety Services Volunteer, American Red Cross, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year–Present
- Teach First Aid/CPR/AED principles and techniques classes.
Customer Assistant, Healthy Living Pharmacy, Oatif, Saudi Arabia, Month, Year – Month, Year
- Prepared medications in a timely manner for the pharmacist to verify, including packaging and dispensing unit dose medications and compounding stock medications.
- Demonstrated efficiency at working with hospital technology.
- Utilized effective communication methods by providing customers with information about over-the-counter supplements.
Summer Tutor, Umm Alhammam High School, Qatif, Saudi Arabia, Summers Year–Year
- Taught science classes in biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics to high school students to prepare them for comprehensive examinations in related courses.
Customer Assistant, Healthy Living Pharmacy, Qatif, Saudi Arabia, Year–Year
Awards and Memberships
- Saudi Royal Embassy - Cultural Mission Scholarship, Year
- Western Michigan University Health Professional Society, Member, Year-Year