Resume Sample - Chemical and Paper Engineering
Resume Sample 1
Versatile, motivated, and optimistic student pursuing a summer internship in the filed of chemical engineering. Striving to apply leadership skills and laboratory experience to improve the lives of others.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, GPA: 3.30, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year
- Spanish Language and Culture Study Abroad - fluent in Spanish, University of Burgos, Spain, Month Year
- Develop relationships with students, manage simultaneous projects, demonstrate exceptional organizational skills.
Atherosclerosis Research Laboratory Assistant, WMU Chemical Engineering, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year - Month Year
- Worked with a team to determine the root cause and prevention of atherosclerosis.
- Improved the purification process of PEIPC through chromatography, monitored by mass spectrometry.
Tested and analyzed protein interaction and signaling through western blotting, gel electrophoresis, PCR, and tissue culture work.
Leadership and Volunteer Experience
- Strengthened leadership skills and styles through self-analysis and symposiums.
- Trained new hires and worked as an example motivating and assisting coworkers.
- Mentored youth in Chicago, as a pen-pal, encouraged continuing education.
- Organized the team and fundraisers, while sharing the ;primary intent of the national event with the local community.
Connected with the community and hospital, providing support to local maternity clinic.
- AIChE Freshman Recognition Award, Year - Year
- President's Grant for Study Abroad, Year
- Chassis Plans Leadership in Engineering Scholarship Finalist, Year
MI-LSAMP Summer Undergraduate Research Academy Grant, Year
Memberships and Certificates
- Member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers, Year - Present
SAChE Safety Certificate "Chemical Process Safety in the Chemical Process Institute", Year
- WMU Women in Science Technology Engineering and Mathematics
- Women in Engineering Mentoring Network
- WMU AIChE Club
- WMU Swim and Dive Club
Resume Sample 2
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Third year Chemical and Paper Engineering student at Western Michigan. Recipient of the Lee Honors College Medallion Scholarship. Active participant of the WMU TAPPI student society, Tsai Lun. Communities In Schools tutor at a local elementary school. Hard working, with good problem solving and communication skills. Effective team player.
- Microsoft: Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- iWork: Keynote, Numbers, Pages
- MathCad & Maple
- Macintosh and Windows operating systems
- TAPPI Standard Testing
- Creative and Analytical Writing
- Public Speaking and Presentation
- Problem Solving
- Data Analysis
- Experimental Testing
- Data Mining
Data Acquisition and Handling
- Stock Prep and Paper Making
- Recycling and Deinking
- Paper Coatings
- Material and Energy Balances
- General Chemistry I and II
- Organic Chemistry I
- Calculus I and II
- Multivariate Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Calculus Based Physics
- Unit Operations (Fluids)
- Paper Physics
- Physical Chemistry
- Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Tissue and Towel Manufacturing, Recycled Fiber Process.
- Projects: stickies, fines, and dirt profiles; optimized refiners; routine lab testing; clay byproducts system data collection, equipment installation; technician training; 5S LEAN improvements; wrote safe-job-procedures; worked with vendors to schedule chemical trials; adjusted parameters for charge in the paper making system.
- Chemical Sales to the Paper Industry in the Kentucky, Indiana, and Missouri Tri-state area.
- Projects: conducted a stickies trial and presented results to the management of the client; performed routine testing for charge, biological contaminants, and stickies; traveled and entertained clients with the regional sales team.