Resume Sample - Career and Technical Education
Kelly M. Fortune
To obtain a full-time position as a family life educator in the greater Kalamazoo Community where I can assist with the healthy growth and development of families.
Major: Career and Technical Education, Minor: English
Child, Infant and Adult CPR, American Red Cross, Year
- Created an assimilation classroom environment to actively engage 6-8 grade students with hands-on learning in the areas of parenting, consumer education, and essential living skills.
- Facilitated communication and dealt with sensitive subject matter including abuse, addictions, health/nutrition education, and teenage pregnancy.
- Taught two parenting classes involving the development and implementation of lesson plans, student assessment and effective classroom management to create a healthy learning environment.
- Serve as an educational resource through one-on-one consultations, agency visits, telephone calls, community presentation, and various trainings.
- Assist in the development of a ten-week sexual health training and service learning program.
- Supervise teens and young adults (ages 14-22) with organizing and implementing a weekly peer education clinic.
- Create presentations to assist students, peer mentors, and classroom teachers on the importance of healthy lifestyles, including eating, recreation, and values.
- Instructed 24 first year students in a fifteen-week basic writing course.
- Created and facilitated daily lesson plans, academic activities, and formal papers to prepare students for advancement within the English curriculum.
Worked individually with students to provide appropriate written and oral responses.
- Missing Pieces: Overlooked Topics in Sexuality Education, Lansing, MI, Year
- Walk for Warmth, Year - Year
- Crystal Grady Home Economics Scholarship, Year
- Professional Writing Development Workshop, Kalamazoo, MI, Year
Volunteer, Portage High School Wrestling Tournament, Year
Microsoft Office, QuidPro, Access, Power Point, Excel