Resume Sample - Engineering Design Technology
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Design Technology, GPA: 3.75, Month Year
Western Michigan University Plastics and Processing Lab Assistant, Kalamazoo MI, Month-Present
- Support the WMU plastics and polymers classes by grading student assignments and assisting during weekly student lab sessions.
General Motors - Vehicle Engineering Intern, Warren MI, Summer, Year-Year
- Create 3D engineering models for the next generation overhead door panels which will eventually become standard on most GM vehicles in the next few years.
- Utilize Autodesk Mold Flow software to advise designers and engineers on part development questions and production issues.
- Assisted vehicle engineers with a preliminary redesign of interior body panel attachments. Attended weekly design reviews with engineers and suppliers to ensure that the parts being developed meet all necessary requirements and standards. The purpose of this new attachment design was to decrease the likelihood of a component detachment when side airbags were deployed making a vehicle crash much safer for the occupants.
- Developed the 3D engineering models of the fuse door panel for the 2018 Buick Enclave.
Metal Technologies Incorporated: Gray Iron Foundry-Engineering Co-Op, Three Rivers MI, Year-Year
- Worked with the engineering department on day to day tasks and larger projects by meeting deadlines based on shifting priorities.
- Performed statistical analytics focusing on correlations between iron chemistry, desired product properties, physical defects, and tooling life.
- Assisted the engineering department with gating and mold design, microstructure analysis, updating CAD designs, PFMEA analysis, reports, and presentations.
Michigan Department of Transportation-Road Surveyor, Portage MI, Month-Month Year
- Carried out region operations with incident management, sign mapping, data collection, and reporting.
Blue Wave Products-Product Designer (Freelance), Kalamazoo MI, As Needed
- Contracted to work with artists, marketing teams, and product developers to create production drawings and 3D engineering models for the purpose of producing new lines of pool products such as lounge chairs, toys, and slides.
Society of Plastics and Engineers-SPE (Automotive Division), Year-Present
- The Automotive Division of SPE is dedicated to recognizing and communicating technical accomplishments in all phases of new automotive plastics and plastic-based composite applications.
Kalamazoo Promise Mentoring Program-Western Michigan University, Year-Year
- The Kalamazoo Promise Mentors are a group of successful college students who provide first generation college students with support and guidance through their first years of college.
Entrepreneurship Club Vice President-Western Michigan University, Year-Year
- Event planning, internal organization, member recruitment, event promotion, and treasurer.
Computer Aided Design:
- AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor, Solid Works, Creo, and Catia.
- Siemens NX 9, Lifecycle Visualization, Finite Element Analysis, and Team Center.
- Autodesk Mold Flow Simulation.