Resume Sample - Elementary Education
Patrick N. Ellis
Seeking a position as a general education teacher at the elementary or middle school level. Skilled in meeting the needs of individual students through differentiated instruction based upon their unique strengths and learning styles. Able to participate in extra-curricular activities, including academic and athletic programming.
Highly Qualified: 6-12 English; 6-12 Mathematics
- Instructed and assessed 19 Kindergarten students in all core subject areas.
- Incorporated cooperative learning groups with clearly defined roles to assist students in the development of higher level thinking skills.
- Modified and accommodated assignments and assessments for students with learning disabilities.
- Implemented research-based classroom management strategies including group contingencies for behavior compliance, a social contract, individual daily behavior charts, “Give Me Five,” and a token economy.
- Provided core academic instruction to 5th grade students both with and without disabilities.
- Planned instruction to align with Common Core Standards while considering the Universal Design for Learning and needs of each student.
- Modified and accommodated assignments and assessments for students with Individualized Education Programs.
- Implemented research based strategies for academic instruction and classroom management and adapted lessons to include Power Writing.
- Worked as a team with school professionals to support all students.
- Observed and assisted with instruction and assessment for seventh grade students with identified learning disabilities.
- Developed and implemented hands-on math lessons using cooperative learning groups to increase students’ ability to comprehend basic concepts.
- Utilized individualized daily behavior charts to assist students with making positive choices.
- Observed and assisted with literacy instruction using the Four Blocks literacy framework in a second grade general education classroom.
- Worked individually with struggling readers using curriculum-based measurement to assess student needs and provide intervention.
- Assisted with instruction of core content area material in a self-contained classroom for students with severe emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Created and implemented lessons designed to assist students in self-monitoring and self-regulation of behaviors.
- Incorporated various behavior management strategies, such as token economy, to maintain a positive learning environment.
- Greet customers and answered questions regarding menus and reservations.
- Assist with upkeep of restaurant to ensure a welcoming environment for customers.
- Provide assistance to servers by communicating customer needs in a timely manner.
- Created a guest survey to assist company with updated information regarding customer satisfaction and marketing trends.
- Worked one-on-one with four third grade students to increase decoding and fluency skills in reading.
- Administered multiple assessments, including Retrospective Miscue Analysis, to determine the student’s reading level.
- Included activities such as echo reading, read aloud, response to reading, and journal writing to increase student’s fluency in reading and writing.
- Provided care for children and adults with disabilities in their homes, at an after-school program, and at a weekend respite home.
- Administered medications and g-tube feedings, implemented behavior management, and collected data.
- Made decisions for care based on assessments and charted data for legal and medical purposes.
- Facilitated communication through basic American Sign Language, alternative devices, Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS), and interpreting nonverbal signals.
- Collaborated with families and community services for the well-being of the client while supporting emotional and physical development.
- Infant, Child and Adult CPR, Month Year
- First Aid, Month Year
- Kappa Delta Pi Education Honor Fraternity, Year-Present
- Michigan Education Association, Year-Present
- State Farm Foundation Intern Teaching Scholarship, Year
- Volunteer, Teacher Education Career Fair, Year-Year
- WMU Dean’s List, Year-Year
- Volunteer, American Reads Program, Year-Year
- Proficient using Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, GradQuick, Access, Prezi and InDesign.
- Experience using Excel, KidPix, Inspiration and Dreamweaver.
Reading, Running, Cooking, Camping, Volleyball