Resume - Fashion Merchandising and Design
Jacque M. Story
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
To obtain an internship with Macy’s, offering strong academic and practical experiences to assist with creation of marketing and branding plans.
Bachelor of Science in Family and Consumer Science, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year
Major: Fashion Merchandising, Minor: General Business
Study Abroad: Regents University, London, England, Month-Month Year
- Apparel construction I and II
- Design principles
- Flat pattern design I and II
- Product development
- Visual merchandising
Merchandising Intern, Henri Bendel Department Store, New York, NY, Month-Month Year
- Prepared and maintained selling reports for sportswear department.
- Communicated daily with customers regarding style choices and clothing trends to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Assisted with creating company documents of customer services and business ethics, that aligned with department stores’ mission and goals.
- Created merchandising test forms for accuracy and efficiency of store records.
MODA Fashion Show Designer, Family and Consumer Sciences Department, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year-Month Year
- Designed and constructed outfits for four fashion shows in collaboration with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation fundraiser.
- Assisted with set designs, hair and make-up for models, and served on the fundraising and design committees to ensure event success.
- Created concept boards and visual merchandising displays for visual presentation.
- Phi Sigma Theta National Honor Society, Year-Present
- WMU Deans List, Year-Present
- WMU Women’s Chorus, Year-Present
- Kappa Omicron Nu National Honor Society, Year-Year
- Member, Merchandising Opportunities and Design Association (MODA), Year-Year
- American Heart Association Walk, Grand Rapids, MI, 2014 Campus Activities Board, Year
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign.