Federal Resume Sample
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Desired Locations: US-DC-Washington/Metro, US-VA-Arlington, US-VA-Alexandrai
- Supervised ten contractors on communications, ensured project was delivered on time and budget.
- Contacted and pitched media for program publicity resulting in four newspaper articles and two interviews.
- Researched public affairs best practices in private sector and government, resulting in five adopted measures that improved agency performance.
- Facilitated biweekly team meetings and conducted monthly diversity training presentations for twenty to thirty internal staff members.
- Participated in team brainstorm sessions to analyze organizational problems and improve efficiency.
- Wrote fifteen articles about foreign education initiatives in Bureau newsletter and press releases.
- Drafted twenty memoranda for the Undersecretary of State.
- Assembled financial and budget information for use in Educational and Cultural Affairs internal materials.
- Assisted with administrative tasks such as filing documents and organizing meeting logistics.
- Researched and wrote five regional economic and political briefs for US Ambassador's Madrid consulate district visits.
- Compiled ten briefs with fifteen professionals in regional chambers of commerce, banks' nongovernmental organizations, and government offices to compile briefs enabling a shared understanding of material.
- Synthesized information from external research and interviews.
- Provided administrative support through sorting mail, filing documents, and answering multi-line phone system.
- Utilized Spanish language skills and political and cultural knowledge in a variety of settings.
- Developed and monitored program goals and policies resulting in the highest recorded performance in ten years.
- Oversaw three mentoring programs in limited resource communities to promote a safe and healthy youth development.
- Recruited, trained, and managed twenty five adult mentors and twenty youth.
- Developed marketing and training materials for use in programs and mentoring initiatives.
- Wrote and managed two program grants, hired three outside contractors for grant implementation.
- Coordinated ten-minute, weekly presentations on mentoring initiatives.
- Communicated daily in Spanish with program participants and their families.
Relevant Coursework, Licenses and Certifications: Macro Economics, Micro Economics, Statistics, Public Policy Process
Spanish: Spoken Advanced, Written Advanced, Read Advanced
National Spanish American Foundation, Member (Year-Present)
- Grant writing experience (awarded "Dream Catchers Award" by Community and Recreation Services, Kalamazoo County Government, Month Year)
- Regional expertise in Balkan, Post-Soviet, and Western European political issues (including extensive regional travel)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Completed a seventy-five page capstone paper including in-depth economic analysis of past and present financial concerns of Western Europe
- Conducted research on historical implications of changes in economic wealth in Western Europe.
- Presented research in a twenty-slide PowerPoint to fifty students and ten staff in the economics department.
Leadership and Service Roles
- Developed twelve forums for dialogue between diverse student groups.
- Built five partnerships between student groups through cultural programming.
- Contributed to rebuilding a home in St. Bernard Parish, New Orleans.
Other Roles at Western Michigan University
Represented 100+ students at language department meetings.
- Partnered with a local high school to plan and execute an hour long Spanish song and dance course for thirty students.