Resume Sample - Public Relations
Seeking a position in public relations or a related communication field, where developed writing, interpersonal, and networking skills will be applied creatively and professionally to improve quality of publications.
- Organizational communication
- Public relations program development
- Practice of leadership
- Newsletter design
- Broadcast journalism
- Mass communication/News and public affairs
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher
- Intermediate Knowledge of Adobe Products: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- General Computer Skills: internet research, troubleshooting of computer hardware and software
Relevant Public Relations Experience
Developed a public relations campaign with three other students to raise awareness of breast cancer among young adults. Strategic elements included developing brochures and flyers to distribute to students as well as drafting press releases to send to local publications. Used press releases to advertise activities and events scheduled during Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Presented the campaign in a 50-page book that identified the problem statement, situational analysis, target markets, and projected budget.
Cook, Roma’s Restaurant, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year - Present
- Prepare customer orders in a timely manner with attention to detail.
- Maintain kitchen inventory and ensured kitchen met company and health standards.
- Establish relationships with frequent customers and coworkers.
Owner and Operator, Strong Lawn Maintenance, Ortonville, MI, Month Year - Month Year
- Developed relationships with customers and used networking skills to increase client base.
- Provided all facets of customer assistance from review of needs to recommendations for best care.
- Created business cards and flyers to promote business in the community.
Sales Associate, Nautica, Auburn Hills, MI, Month Year - Month Year
- Used interpersonal skills to connect with customers and assist with sales.
- Operated cash register and ensured register was balanced at the end of the day.
- Utilized creative skills to assemble merchandise displays.