Resume Sample - Speech Language Pathology
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Seeking a position with the Chicago Public Schools as a clinical fellow speech-language pathologist. Contributing excellent leadership and interpersonal skills to help children excel in their academic career.
Psychology Teaching Minor Secondary Endorsement
- Served 60 clients ages 3 to 11. Administered standardized tests including: Clinical Evaluation of Language Fundamentals (CELF-3), Preschool Language Scale (PLS-4), Expressive One Word Vocabulary Test (EOWVT) and the Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation (GFTA-2).
- Diagnosed speech and language disorders, planned and implemented therapy, wrote functional goals, attended IEP meetings, and conducted parent conferences.
- Gained experience with students from general education, special education, and Head Start.
- Served clients aged 2 to 94 in Trauma I inpatient adult acute care and outpatient pediatric diagnostics and therapy.
- Administered standardized tests including: Neurobehavioral Cognitive Status Examination (NCSE), Cognitive-Linguistic Quick Test (CLQT), Boston Diagnostic Aphasia Examination (BDAE), and the Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation (GFTA-2).
- Preformed and analyzed bedside and videofluoroscopy swallow studies.
- Responsible for diet modifications, implementation of therapy plans, and discharge recommendations.
- Performed and analyzed multi-view studies of children with cleft lip and palate to determine need and type of surgical and behavioral intervention.
- Implemented weekly speech and language therapy for children with cleft lip and palate.
- Served clients aged 3 to 86.
- Participated in diagnostic teams to determine need for speech and language services.
- Administered standardized tests including: Goldman-Fristoe Test of Articulation (GFTA-2), Kahn-Lewis Phonological Analysis (KLPA), Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test (PPVT-III), and the Stuttering Severity Instrument (SSI-4).
- Organized and performed individual and group therapy sessions, created individualized therapy materials, wrote professional therapy reports, participated in weekly meeting with various clinical supervisors, and completed necessary charting and paper work.
- Participated in evaluation, treatment, and research of communication disorders with speech language therapists and academia from University College London and various hospitals and schools in London, England and Edinburgh, Scotland.
- Michigan Speech-Language Hearing Association (MSHA), Year - Present
- National Student Speech-Language Hearing Association (NSSLHA), Year - Present
- MSHA Conference Volunteer, Year, Year, Year
- Walk 4 Hearing Participant, Year and Year
- Conversational tutor for international Teaching Assistants at Michigan State University, Year - Year
- Classroom aid and chaperone at Heartwood School for students with autism in Lansing, MI, Year - Year