A vocal performance major, Daniela Peña Cabreja routinely sings the praises of Western Michigan University. In addition to world-class vocal training and once-in-a-lifetime performance opportunities, WMU helped her discover a new passion and career path.
Where passion meets practice.
The School of Music at Western Michigan University is dedicated to music as an art form that elevates the lives of all who experience it; that embraces and transcends the entire range of human emotion, expression, and community that is vital to the cultural enrichment of society.
School of Music
- Conservatory-style training at a public university price.
- The only university in Michigan designated as an All-Steinway School.
- More than 800 performances on and off campus each year.
- Career building opportunities integrated into the curriculum.
- Partnerships with regional and national organizations.
- Nonresident tuition fees are now capped at 1.25 times the in-state rate.
Smart is the percussive pursuit of purpose that drums the beat for others to march to. It's digging deep when you feel lost and finding strength in your own story.