Handshake search tips
- Using the "search" box and entering keywords is the most effective way to sort out opportunities.
- Another good filter is choosing a Job Function; however, not all employers fill in this section of the posting so you may see less postings.
- The more complete your profile is, the more relevant jobs the system will show you.
Searching for On-Campus Jobs
- Select "on campus student employment" under Job Type.
- Some positions require that candidates have work study awards. This information is included in the job title or the job description.
- Select "job" under Job Type. Then select "part time" under Employment Type.
- Another good strategy is setting the location as Kalamazoo, which will set a location radius to find opportunities close to campus.
- Select "internships" under Job Type. Then choose "part time" or "full time" under Employment Type.
- Type in keywords (e.g., engineer, marketing, management, writing, science, etc.).
If you have any questions, contact: