Resume Sample - Counselor Education Counseling Psychology
Robert A. Fraze
Summary of Qualifications
A professional, caring, and dedicated individual with a strong desire to work with post-secondary students at a university. Expertise in managing projects and coordinating multiple priorities and tasks. Demonstrated success working with people with diverse backgrounds, working styles, nationalities, and races. Skilled communicator with the ability to effectively convey meaning through speaking and writing. Proven ability to quickly and thoroughly learn new skills.
- Advise Registered Student Organization (RSO) leaders regarding financial matters, emphasizing the importance of financial responsibility.
- Provide individual advising and financial workshops for student leaders, focusing on policies and procedures for managing funds in on-campus financial accounts.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with student leaders and university departments, through effective written and oral communication.
- Facilitate small and large group discussions at RSO leadership retreats about values, communication, teamwork, diversity, and community.
- Work with outside vendor and WMU Information Systems to plan and develop new RSO database and on-line registration system.
- Co-coordinate an annual WMU RSO Registration and Leadership Conference designed to educate 200+ student leaders on issues of diversity, communication, and leadership development.
- Explored various areas of college student affairs, through working with KVCC personnel and students.
- Learned to maintain an operating budget through regular meetings with development personnel.
- Provided academic advising and educational counseling to current and prospective students.
- Referred students for testing and test interpretation involving placement, career interest, aptitude/ability and personality instruments.
- Consulted with administration, faculty, and staff on counseling best practices for all students.
- Maintained and updated student records to ensure accuracy of most recent services.
- Coordinated reservations and communication with students, parents, and alumni regarding commencement, homecoming, and class reunions.
- Established and maintained positive relationships with alumni, students, friends, faculty, staff, and community members.
- Prepared and coordinated mailings and materials for fundraising, newsletters, regional alumni gatherings, and Alumni Association Executive Board meetings.
- Collaborated with alumni and other staff members to answer questions, research information, and create reports regarding alumni and their relevant information.
- Maintained and improved websites for Alumni Relations and the Kalamazoo College Fund office.
Member, Michigan College Personnel Association (MCPA), Year - Present
Member, Conference Planning Committee, Year
Member, American College Personnel Association (ACPA), Year - Present
Member, National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA), Year - Present
Co-Chair, Graduate Students and Professionals in Student Affairs (GSPSA) at WMU, Year
Adult Literacy Tutor, Year - Present
March is Reading Month Literacy Program, Year - Year
English as a Second Language Conversation Partner, Year
International Student Host, Year
Youth Detention Center Volunteer, Year - Year
Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Presi, Indesign, DreamweaverBack to resume samples