Resume Sample - Criminal Justice
Chris M. Sellers
To obtain an entry-level position in the criminal justice field. Offering strong investigative and interpersonal skills to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work well with others and provide excellent communication skills.
- Work under pressure in a busy environment and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Knowledgeable and experienced with Internet resources, social media, and Microsoft Office Applications.
Investigator, McGough & Associates, Chicago, IL, Month Year - Month Year,
Operate the West Michigan office for a nationwide investigative firm. Conduct daily surveillance investigations and obtain videotape footage for worker’s compensation cases. Perform background checks. Utilize creative mind to develop information relative to claimants. Communicate with clients, investigators, and sales representatives on day-to-day basis.
Prepare reports and bill sheets for each file.
Intern, Lady Eyes, Grand Rapids, MI, Month Year - Month Year
Learned state-of-the-art technology and investigative methods in three key areas: worker’s compensation, background checks, and marital. Assisted in generating new clientele. Participated in tracking individuals under suspicion and used organizational skills to record activities.
Intern, Office of Drug Treatment Court Programs, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year - Month Year
Information & Referral Specialist, WMU Career Center, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year - Month Year
Promoted from Career Resource Assistant. Enhanced relationships with students and faculty by becoming a key communication foundation in the department. Accountable for a wide range of campus information. Accommodated needs and provided supportive environment for employers and candidates participating in professional interviewing. Performed specialized functions such as statistics and reports.
Vendor Receiver, Family Fare Supermarket, Byron Center, MI, Month Year - Month Year
Promoted from stocker. Located, stocked, and priced items. Responded to phone calls and provided pricing criteria and product availability. Communicated with other departments for complete customer satisfaction.
Activities and Awards
- Michigan Council of Private Investigators
- Alpha Phi Sigma (National Criminal Justice Honor Society)
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities & Colleges
- Zingerman’s Customer Service Training: “The Art of Giving Great Service”