Resume Sample - English
Street Address, City, State, Zip Code, Phone Number, Email Address
Creative, inquisitive journalist seeking an internship at the Kalamazoo Daily Paper. Applying in-depth knowledge of Kalamazoo and surrounding areas to provide a fresh perspective to the community.
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Minors: Dance and Theatre, GPA: 3.59, Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, MI, Expected: Month Year
- Study Abroad in Historic English Literature, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic, Month Year-Month Year
- WMU Signature: Civic Engagement
Community Organizer - Building Blocks, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year - Month Year
- Facilitated neighborhood dialogues within my own economically and racially diverse community on home improvements, street improvements and overall beautification.
- Addressed neighbors’ needs by connecting resources to people, such as funds, tools and resource centers, recognizing that home improvement work was a catalyst for greater neighborhood team building.
- Utilized an education in conflict management to mediate individuals’ disparate priorities.
Leader - International Student Program, Kalamazoo, MI, Summer, Year
- Headed registration for incoming Western Michigan University international students.
- Instructed international students on the rules and regulations of WMU’s campus to ensure they understood the campus’s norms.
- Planned enthusiastic tours, providing emotional support, resources and advice.
Communication Intern - Chambers of Commerce, Kalamazoo, MI, Month Year - Month Year
- Interviewed local business for weekly spotlights by using my communication skills and network.
- Creatively advertised events happening in the Kalamazoo community on social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Informed businesses, residents, and students about upcoming network opportunities to contribute to the organization’s goal of building a more connected community in Kalamazoo.
Training and Certifications
Conflict Management Course, Kalamazoo MI, Month Year
- Created and facilitated a class on how to manage conflict in a productive way.
- Instructed students on how to manage conflict in a constructive and healthy way.