Resume Sample - Political Science
Keith S. Jackson
Proactive, self-motivated, and goal-oriented team player seeking a part-time position in the government relations or related department. Offering an understanding of the legislative process and ability to perform at a high level in challenging environments to improve communication and efficiency within the department.
Government Relations and Corporate Affairs Intern, Kellogg's, Battle Creek, MI, Month Year-Month Year
- Independently research issues and legislation pertinent to company needs.
- Draft and distribute materials to the executive management committee.
- Compose letters to members of congress and others who influence company-related legislation.
Lloyd Meeds Policy Fellow, Preston Gates Ellis and Rouvelas Meeds LLP, Washington, D.C., Month Year-Month Year
- Wrote two weekly reports to firm clients.
- Tracked and researched pending legislation.
- Researched and presented a client development opportunity to a member of Congress.
- Monitored press and Capitol Hill publications for issues of interest to the firm’s clients.
Intern, Office of U.S. Senator Carl Levin, Washington, D.C., Month Year-Month Year
- Created the brief for the Senator’s trip to Israel, Jordan, and Iraq.
- Attended a closed meeting with Israel’s Deputy Prime Minister.
- Researched issues and pending legislation to facilitate responses to constituent mail.
- Assisted Deputy Legislative Director to award Tuskegee Airmen the Congressional Gold Medal.
- Worked with Deputy Legislative Director to research new legislation on school-based healthcare.
Intern, Office of U.S. Senator Mark Schauer, Lansing, MI, Month Year-Month Year
- Facilitated responses to constituent mail.
- Resolved constituent unemployment, workers compensation, and tax issues.
- Consolidated unemployment system feedback and reported it to Consumer and Industry Services.
- Golden Key International Honour Society, Year–Present
- Volunteer on Woodlawn Preschool’s Capital Campaign Committee, Year–Present
- Member of the Battle Creek Community Foundation’s Finance and Investment Board, Year–Present
- WMU Western Student Association – Senator and Student Affairs Chair, Year–Year
- WMU Student Alumni Association – Liaison to Western Student Association, Year–Year
- WMU Residence Hall Association – Executive Board National Communications Coordinator, Year–Year
- Dean’s List, Year–Year
- WMU Alumni Association Legacy Scholar, Year and Year
- Southwest Michigan Exchange Club Student of the Year, Year
- The Jeff Robideau Award for Meritorious Scholarship in Management, Year–Year
- Western Michigan University Medallion Scholar, Year–Year
- American Cancer Society’s “Relay For Life” participant, Year–Year and Year
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration, Year
- Battle Creek Community Foundation Outdoor Movie, Year