Application Instructions: Criteria and Process
Purpose: The Peter and Laurel Northouse Leadership Scholarship is given to encourage students to pursue an academic career in communication and to recognize student leadership in the classroom.
Amount: Each academic year a minimum of $1000 is available for this scholarship. The award may be for a single recipient or may be divided among more than one recipient.
- Full-time undergraduate student with junior or senior status and a major in the School of Communication.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75.
- A record of exhibiting good citizenship in the classroom.
- Applicants must complete and submit the Northouse Leadership Scholarship application form.
- A letter of recommendation from a current School of Communication faculty member should be included with the application form.
- Submit your materials by TBD February 2022, to Dr. Kathleen Propp using the application form below.
A scholarship committee composed of School of Communication faculty will review the applications. The committee will determine the recipient(s) and the amount(s) to be awarded to each recipient.
- The scholarship recipient shall be named in the spring for awarding in the following academic year (2022-2023).
- Each award shall be distributed one half in the fall semester (2022) and one half in the spring semester (2023).