Application Instructions: Criteria and Process
Purpose: The Peter and Laurel Northouse Leadership Scholarship is given to encourage students to pursue an academic career in communication and to recognize student leadership in the classroom.
Amount: Each academic year a minimum of $1000 is available for this scholarship. The award may be for a single recipient or may be divided among more than one recipient.
- Full-time undergraduate student with junior or senior status and a major in the School of Communication.
- A minimum GPA of 2.75.
- A record of exhibiting good citizenship in the classroom.
1. Applicants must complete and submit the Northouse Leadership Scholarship application form.
2. A letter of recommendation from a current School of Communication faculty member should be uploaded with the application form.
3. Submit your materials by February 22, 2022, using the application form below.
4. Contact Dr. Propp with questions (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A scholarship committee composed of School of Communication faculty will review the applications. The committee will determine the recipient(s) and the amount(s) to be awarded to each recipient.
- The scholarship recipient shall be named in the spring for awarding in the following academic year (2022-2023).
- Each award shall be distributed one half in the fall semester (2022) and one half in the spring semester (2023).