Campus shredding event
The campus shredding event will be held tomorrow. Students, faculty and staff will have a free opportunity to dispose of unnecessary documents, especially those containing sensitive information. If documents are in recyclable containers such as paper or cardboard the entire container can be placed directly into the bins. Those documents in plastic containers or bags will need to be emptied. All plastic and metal must be removed, but there is no need to remove rubber bands, staples or paper clips.
Two locations will be available—Parkview Campus Lot P2 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and Sangren Hall Lot 41 from 1 to 3 p.m. If you're not sure what documents can be disposed the Western Michigan University Record Retention guide may be able to help.
Degree Works update for Lee Honors College
A process was recently established to identify in Degree Works students who are accepted to the Lee Honors College. This will be effective for students with a catalog year of 2014 and beyond. When a student is accepted to the Lee Honors College the advising office will add the HNRS attribute to the student's record in Banner. This attribute will result in a block titled Lee Honors College (LHC) being pulled into the student's worksheet. this block contains the requirements for the Lee Honors College and will be managed by the advisors in the Lee Honors College.
Summer commencement will be held this Saturday, June 27 in Miller Auditorium. The schedule is as follows:
College of Education and Human Development
College of Health and Human Services
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Extended University Programs
College of Arts and Sciences
College of Aviation
College of Fine Arts
Haworth College of Business
Graduates are able to pick up their six guest tickets in the University Bookstore through Saturday. If extra tickets are available they will be distributed on Friday, June 26 in Miller Auditorium beginning at 8 a.m. The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on Educable channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communications on Public Media Network's channel 99. You can also follow our graduates on Twitter using #WMUGrad.
- Saturday, June 27—Commencement
- Wednesday, July 1—Summer I session ends
- Monday, July 6—Summer II session begins, tuition and fees are due
- Tuesday, July 7—Summer I grades due by noon
- Friday, July 10—Last day to drop and add
- Monday, July 13—Census
- Tuesday, July 14—$100 late add fee begins, begin recording withdraws as W on transcript
- Friday, July 17—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Wednesday, July 29—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Aug. 3—Last day to withdraw
- Friday, Aug. 21—Summer II session ends
- Tuesday, Aug. 25—Summer II grades due by noon