December commencement tickets
Please remind seniors graduating this semester to reserve their tickets by Wednesday, December 9 if they plan to attend the December 19 graduation ceremony. The RSVP form can be found on the Academic Services menu in GoWMU.
Tickets can be picked up at Textbook Alley on the lower level of the Bernhard Center during regular business hours through Saturday, December 19. If available, two additional tickets will be handed out on a first-come, first-served basis beginning at 8 a.m. Friday, December 18, at the Miller Auditorium ticket office.
Spring graduation application deadline
The deadline for student to apply for spring 2016 graduation has been extended to January 22, 2016. Information on the application process can be found on the Registrar's Office website.
Please note that the deadline to apply for June and August graduation is February 1.
Parking and Accounts Receivable Holds
The AR hold amount was raised last week from $300 to $1000 and all parking holds were ended. This was done in an effort to assist students in registering for spring semester classes. The holds will go back on January 26.
WMU offers senior citizens (persons 62 years of age or older) the opportunity to enroll tuition free through the Senior Citizens' Opportunity Program in Education (SCOPE). Students in the SCOPE program:
- May register in one regularly scheduled class each semester or session on a seat-available basis.
- Must obtain prior approval from the department in order to register in courses that require department approval, have prerequisites or have other restrictions which limit registration.
- Should visit or contact the Registrar's Office during the drop and add period to complete their registration.
- Do not have access to services available to students, such as student discounts, the Health Center, and the Student Recreation Center.
- Receive special WMU identification cards to allow access to the library and academic facilities necessary for class participation.
- Are registered for audit; students wishing to take courses for credit are not eligible for SCOPE.
More information on SCOPE, as well as a link to the application, can be found on the Registrar's Office website.
This semester, 35 students are participating in the SCOPE program.
- Dec. 14 - 18—Final exam week
- Saturday, Dec. 19—Semester ends; Commencement
- Tuesday, Dec. 22—Final grades due by noon