Over 1,200 students will be attending commencement this Saturday in Miller Auditorium. The schedule is as follows:
College of Aviation
College of Education and Human Development
College of Health and Human Services
College of Fine Arts
Haworth College of Business
College of Engineering and Applied Sciences
College of Arts and Sciences
Extended University Programs
The commencement ceremonies will be broadcast live on EduCABLE channel 5 and throughout the Kalamazoo viewing area by Charter Communication on Public Media Network's channel 99.
You can also follow our graduates on Twitter using #WMUGrad.
Did you know?
Western Michigan University awarded the first doctoral degree in 1968. A total of 35 students will graduating from WMU with a doctoral degree this semester.
Fall semester grades are due next Tuesday, December 22 at noon. Grades will be available to students as soon as we complete processing, which we anticipate will be sometime in the late afternoon or early evening on December 22.
A few grading reminders
When submitting final grades of "E" or "X" instructors will be required to enter the last date the student attended class or the last date of recorded academic activity. Instructors will be prompted to enter a valid date that is between the start and end date of the semester. In cases where the student does not come to even one class session or does not complete any work, the first day of the semester should be used.
The grade of "X" should be used when a student either never attended or stopped attending the class and is not eligible for an incomplete. The "X" grade is counted into the student's GPA the same as an "E" grade.
An incomplete is a temporary grade, given for reasons beyond the control of the student and should not to be given as a substitute for a failing grade. A Report of Incomplete Grade, located on the faculty menu in GoWMU, needs to be submitted when an incomplete grade is assigned. The Report of Incomplete Grade lists the work the student needs to complete in the course as well as the deadline for completion.
One Stop Center
The Spring 2016 One Stop Center will open on Friday, January 8. It was previously announced that the Bernhard Center location was moving to rooms 105-107. That will no longer be the case. The One Stop Center will continue to be held in the West Ballroom.
Friday, Jan. 8; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 11; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 12; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 13; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 14; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Dec. 14 - 19—Final exam week
- Saturday, Dec.19—Semester ends; Commencement
- Tuesday, Dec.22—Final grades due at noon
- Jan. 7 - 8—Advising Days
- Jan. 8; 11 - 14—One Stop Center
- Monday, Jan. 11—Classes begin at 8 a.m.
- Monday, Jan. 11—Tuition and fees due
- Friday, Jan. 15—Last day to drop and add classes; last day to receive 100% refund
- Tuesday, Jan. 19—Census
- Wednesday, Jan. 20—$100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdraws as "W" on transcript
- Thursday, Jan. 21—Last day to receive 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Jan. 25—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- Monday, Jan. 25—Summer I/Summer II, 2016 Course Offerings open for viewing
- Monday, Feb. 1—Last day to apply for June graduation
- Monday, Feb. 8—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Feb. 8—Summer I/Summer II, 2016 opens for registration
- Monday, Feb. 15—First work grades due
- Monday, Mar. 7—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Nov. 14—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Apr. 25 - 29—Final exam week
- Saturday, Apr. 30—Semester ends; Commencement
- Tuesday, May 3—Final grades due by noon