Students who have been academically dismissed will be dropped from their spring semester courses tomorrow, Tuesday, January 5.
Spring 2016 One Stop
The One-Stop Convenience Center will open Friday in the Bernhard Center to provide students with one convenient location to take care of all their semester start up needs. Dates and times are as follows:
Friday, Jan. 8; 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Monday, Jan. 11; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Tuesday, Jan. 12; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Wednesday, Jan. 13; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Thursday, Jan. 14; 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Reclaim the W
The Reclaim the W program was that started in 2014 out of the Center for Academic Success Programs and the Registrar's Office. Reclaim the W targets first year students (FTIACs) with a WMU GPA between 1.00 and 1.99 that were dismissed at the end of their second semester. Students must apply for the program and be chosen based on application, advisor recommendation, and a written essay.
In the first two years, a total of 71 students have participated in Reclaim the W program; 46 students in Fall 2014 and 25 students this fall. Here is a summary of how the students in the program are doing:
Students still have time to apply for April graduation. The deadline has been extended and applications will be accepted through Friday, January 22. Information on the application process can be found on the Registrar's Office website. Please note, the deadline to apply for June and August graduation is February 1.
- Jan. 7 - 8—Advising Days
- Jan. 8; 11 - 14—One Stop Center
- Monday, Jan. 11—Classes begin at 8 a.m.
- Monday, Jan. 11—Tuition and fees due
- Friday, Jan. 15—Last day to drop and add classes; last day to receive 100% refund
- Tuesday, Jan. 19—Census
- Wednesday, Jan. 20—$100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdraws as "W" on transcript
- Thursday, Jan. 21—Last day to receive 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Jan. 25—Last day to receive 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- Monday, Jan. 25—Summer I/Summer II, 2016 Course Offerings open for viewing
- Monday, Feb. 1—Last day to apply for June graduation
- Monday, Feb. 8—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Feb. 8—Summer I/Summer II, 2016 opens for registration
- Monday, Feb. 15—First work grades due
- Monday, Mar. 7—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Monday, Mar. 21—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Apr. 25 - 29—Final exam week