The Online Student Information System Re-Authorization will begin tomorrow. All users will need to complete their re-authorization form before March 15. Supervisors have until March 17 to process approvals for their employees. Both are processed through links on the GoWMU Faculty/Staff tab under My Work.
If you are taking time off over spring break, please make sure you process your re-authorization before you leave. Everyone who received an account before March 1, 2016 will need to submit a re-authorization form. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
We are in the final two weeks of midterm grading for the spring semester. Midterm grading will remain open through Monday, March 14. Instructions on submitting midterm grades can be found on the Registrar’s Office website.
We will be rolling out an online application for students to apply for graduation in the fall semester. The process previously established to identify second bachelor’s students in Degree Works will also be used in the online application process. In order for the online application to function properly, it is essential that students seeking a second bachelor’s degree are correctly coded in Banner. As a reminder, the process is as follows:
- When the second bachelor’s degree is approved for a student, the advising office that approved the second degree will add a “2BA” attribute to the student’s record in Banner. This attribute will result in a block named, “Second Bachelor’s Degree Requirements,” being pulled into the student’s worksheet.
- The “Second Bachelor’s Degree Requirements” block contains the catalog description for the requirements to earn a second bachelor’s degree. Due to the fact that requirements for the second bachelor's vary based on the academic history of individual students, this block does not contain specific course requirements. It lists one requirement of 30 credits. The “Force Complete” exception will need to be entered when the student has met the requirements.
This process will allow students, academic advisors, faculty, and graduation auditors to know if the student is pursuing two bachelor’s degrees or pursuing one degree with two majors. For students completing one degree with two majors, the advisor will add a note to the bottom of the worksheet indicating the decision was made to pursue one degree.
- Friday, Mar. 4—Spirit Day (no classes - University is open)
- Monday, Mar. 7—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- Mar. 7 - 11—Spring Break (no classes - University is open)
- Monday, Nov. 14—Last day to withdraw from classes
- Apr. 25 - 29—Final exam week
- Saturday, Apr. 30—Commencement
- Tuesday, May 3—Final grades are due by noon