Summer I registration changes
Departments have access to add students to Summer I courses through the end of the day today. After today students will need to submit a completed Permission to Late Add form to the Registrar’s Office in order to add a course. Students adding their first course after today will be assessed a late add fee of $100 per class.
Students dropping today will receive a 100% refund. After today, students will receive a 50% refund for complete withdrawal through May 20 and a 25% refund from May 21 to June 3.
A 24-hour grace period is provided to students who drop a course that meets for the first time on or after the end of the drop/add period. Students dropping a class within 24 hours of the start date should contact the Registrar’s Office to make sure they receive the correct refund.
Grade mode and credit hour changes
At this point in the semester students can no longer change from a letter grade to credit/no credit, or from credit/no credit to a letter grade. Students are also unable to decrease credit hours in a variable credit course. According to university policy, changes to the grade mode and the credit hour range can only be done through the end of the drop/add period.
Summer I waitlist
Waitlisting has ended for Summer I. Any students on a waitlist for a Summer I section have been dropped. Departments may add students into waitlisted sections today as they see appropriate.
Reclaim the W
Reclaim the W is an initiative to restore first year students that were dismissed at the end of their second semester. Eligibility for the program is determined based on the student's grade point average and input from the advising directors.
This spring a total of 38 Reclaim the W students were enrolled; 22 from the 2014 cohort and 16 that started the program in fall 2015. Here is a summary of the progress of the Reclaim the W students after the Spring 2016 semester.
- 34 students (89%) are eligible to continue at WMU.
- 27 students (71%) successfully moved from academic dismissal to good standing.
- 10 students (26%) received a GPA of 3.00 or higher spring semester.
- 1 student completed 12 hours with a 4.00 GPA. His cumulative GPA when starting the Reclaim the W program in 2014 was 1.41. It is now 3.32.
946 full time, undergraduate students received a 4.00 GPA in the Spring 2016 semester. 406 of them were enrolled in 15 or more credit hours.
- May 16—Census
- May 17—$100 late add fee begins; Begin recording withdraws as "w" on transcript
- May 20—Last day to receive 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- June 3—Last day to receive 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- June 6—Last day to withdraw from classes
- June 25—Commencement
- June 29—Term ends
- July 5—Final grades due by noon