Summer II grading
Summer II grades are due tomorrow at noon. The grading system will be turned off soon after the deadline and we will begin processing. Grades will be available for students to view as soon as processing has been completed, which we anticipate will be sometime tomorrow afternoon.
Students will be notified through their wmich.edu e-mail account if their academic standing changes to probation, extended probation, final probation or dismissal.
Students dismissed as a result of their Summer II grades will be dropped from any Fall 2016 registration on Friday, August 26.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
In preparation for the start of a new academic year, the FERPA brochure has recently been revised. Please take a moment to review the updated brochure and share it with any new employees in your department/unit; including student employees. Maintaining the confidentiality of student records is the responsibility of everyone at WMU. The brochure is designed to help you better understand the law governing the confidentiality of student education records and our responsibilities under FERPA.
Academic Scheduling - Looking Ahead
The Summer I and Summer II 2017 schedule will be available for editing in Banner beginning August 29. The deadline for Banner edits is October 3.
The Fall 2017 schedule will be available for editing in Banner beginning October 31. The deadline for Banner edits is December 2.
- August 23—Final grades due by noon
- August 29—One Stop Center opens - West Ballroom, Bernhard Center
- August 30—Fall tuition and fees due
- September 1-2—Advising days
- September 5—Labor Day recess - University closed
- September 6—Classes begin at 8 a.m.
- September 12—Last day to drop and add
- September 13—Census
- September 14—$100 late add fee begins; begin recording withdraws as "W" on transcripts
- September 15—Last day to receive a 90% refund for a complete withdrawal
- September 16—Last day to apply for December graduation
- September 19—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a partial withdrawal
- September 26—First work grades due
- September 30—Last day to receive a 50% refund for a complete withdrawal
- October 24—Midterm grades due
- October 26—Last day to receive a 25% refund for a complete withdrawal
- November 7—Last day to withdraw from classes
- November 23—Thanksgiving recess - classes dismissed at noon; University open until 5 p.m.
- December 12-16—Final exam week
- December 17—Semester ends; Commencement
- December 20—Final grades are due by noon